4.0

This happened on January 25, 2018 on guru.com. I applied for an administrative assistant job on guru.com.

The HR manager interviewed me on yahoo messenger. She asked me to wire transfer $100 for software in order to start my training. She promised they would pay for the rest of my office equipment of $4900 of which they want wanted to deposit all that money in my bank account so that I could pay the vendor myself. Their contract letter had a lot of grammar errors.

$28/hr is too much for an office job. I was hoping it was a real job so that I could get experience in this field. I hope the 16 other women that were hired dont fall for the same trap I did.

The real TeleTech website does not have this position listed as a workfromhome job. I gave away my personal information and hope they dont steal my identity.

Review about: Guru Administrative Assistant Job Search.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Comments

Interview on Yahoo messenger-unrealistic pay-requesting you wire money...yep, all the signs were there this is a big, fat scam.

to Anonymous #1424740

I couldn't recognize those signs at first because I didn't know what to expect, what was normal for a workathome job. I was able to file a report against him/close his account so maybe I did some good by stopping him from scamming more people.